Visit Wookey Hole Caves - near Taunton, Somerset
Britain’s most spectacular Wookey Hole Caves and legendary home of the infamous Witch of Wookey.
Wander through the prehistoric valley of the Dinosaurs featuring King Kong and relax in our magical fairy garden.
Stay at the Wookey Hole Hotel
The 19th Century Paper Mill houses a variety of fascinating attractions, including the Victorian Penny Arcade, Magical Mirror Maze, Hall of Crazy Mirrors, Cave Museum, Pirate Zap Zone, Soft Play Areas, World of Miniature, Pirate Island Adventure Golf and much more – over 20 fantastic attractions included in your ticket!
Can you escape the Witch? Where will you be taken? Who knows, but one thing is for certain, you’ll have an amazing journey and one to remember!
Famous Wookey Hole Caves – learn the history of the caves and the legend of the Witch. You’ll be taken on a tour down to the deep, dark caverns!
Wizard’s Play Castle – hours of fun can be had in our Wizard’s Play Castle, with tunnels, slides and rope bridges to keep you entertained!
Dinosaur Valley – come and meet our prehistoric creatures, see King Kong and wander through the Fairy Garden.
Paper Making – watch the ancient old tradition of paper making by one of our experienced Guides.
Come and watch The Wookey Hole Caves Circus Show.
Be dazzled by the trapeze and silk skills and be enthralled by the wire walking and unicycle tricks – a show not to be missed! (Weekends and school holidays only).
If you’re lucky, you might meet the Witch of Wookey Hole!
She flies her speedy broomstick to meet and greet visitors and also stars in the Circus Show! (Weekends and school holidays only).
Information on Wookey Hole Caves - near Taunton, Somerset
- Address - Wookey Hole, Wells, Somerset, BA5 1BB
- Telephone - 01749 672243
- Email - Click here to email
- Website - Click to visit Wookey Hole Caves website
- Open all year
- Open 7 days a week
- Summertime: Apr-Oct inc - 10am first tour - 5pm last Cave tour
- Wintertime: Nov-Mar inc - 10am first tour - 4pm last Cave tour
- Only open weekends and school holidays during December and January.
- Approx length of visit: 3 to 4 hours
- Min group size: 12
- Special group rates - please contact us for details
- Family fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Groups accepted - Group rates available for 12 or more people - please contact us for details.
- Educational visits accepted - please contact us for details.
- Guided tours compulsory for groups - please contact us for details.
- Guided tours compulsory for individuals - please contact us for timetable.
- Event venue - please contact us for details and prices.
- Licenced for civil marriages - please contact us for details.
- Demonstrations given
- Gift Shop
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors - except for Caves
- Guide dogs permitted
- Parking areas for disabled visitors
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- On-Site café / restaurant - Vending machines
- Picnic Site
- Facilities for children - Indoor children's play area, Baby Changing Facilities
Parking & transport
- Coach parking
- On bus route
- On site parking - free
- Road directions - Leave the M5 at junction 22 and follow the brown and white tourist signs for about 18 miles via Axbridge and Cheddar to Wells. If coming from Bath, take the A39 to Wells.
- Stay at Hotels in Taunton near Wookey Hole Caves, Somerset