Visit Somerset County Cricket Club - Taunton, Somerset
Situated in the historical town of Taunton, The County Ground makes for the perfect day out. Whether you are a family looking to enjoy a day’s cricket, younger people looking to enjoy an evening out after a day at work, or a business looking to provide your clients with some top-notch hospitality, we can cater for it all in our fun and lively atmosphere.
There is easy access by both road and rail and we are open all year round – providing fantastic Conference and Banqueting facilities in the off-season.
Information on Somerset County Cricket Club, County Cricket in Taunton, Somerset
- Address - The County Ground St James Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1JT
- Telephone - 0845 337 1875
- Email - Click here to email
- Website - Click to visit Somerset County Cricket Club website
- Non Match Days: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Match Days: Duration of the Match + half an hour after close of play
- Approx length of visit: 1 day
- Min group size: 10
- Max group size: 400
- Seating Capacity: 8500
- Private Dining: Yes
- Accreditation: Good Food Guide 2015
- Download Somerset County Cricket Fixture list 2015
- Download Somerset County Cricket Club Ground Map 2015
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook. Advanced booking is essential.
- Educational visits accepted
- Guided tours available for groups
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Guide dogs permitted
- Parking areas for disabled visitors
- Ramp / level access
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- The County Room in the Colin Atkinson Pavilion (capacity 400) hosts the Members Bar (with local beers). It also hosts the popular matchday carvery and restaurant which includes:
- Choice of starters served to your table from the kitchen
- Carvery, with a good selection of locally sourced meats and fresh seasonal vegetables
- Choice of cold meats with chilled salad bar
- A choice of desserts
- Coffee and mints
- Drinks served to your table
Somerset County Cricket Club aim to provide great quality and value, as well as flexibility
- One Course – £11.95
- Two Courses (your choice of either a starter or pudding) – £16.95
- Three Courses – £19.95
- Tables can be booked in advance or simply turn up on the day (subject to availability). Other catering facilities include the Old Pavilion with its pitch view bar and lunch time specials, as well as a a variety of kiosks, bars and a fish and chip shop which are spread around the ground.
- Somerset Cricket Museum - The history of Somerset County Cricket, Taunton, Somerset
Parking & transport
- For Car Park A: Go straight across at the next roundabout, keeping the Shell Petrol Station on the left. The entrance is 400 yards along on the left. (Postcode TA1 1QD)
- For Car Park B: Bear left at the next roundabout, keeping the Shell Petrol Station on the right. Go straight on at the traffic lights and the entrance can be found 100 yards along on the right. (Postcode TA1 1JT)
- Road directions - Exit Junction 25 on M5 motorway. Follow the signs A38 to Taunton. Go straight across at the next roundabout. At the traffic lights go straight on (past Fitness First). Go across the next roundabout (signposted cricket).
- Public transport directions - Nearest station is Taunton station.
- Stay at Hotels in Taunton near the Somerset County Cricket Ground