Visit Hestercombe Gardens - Taunton, Somerset
Discover 300 years of garden design in one inspiring estate. Wander along the lakeside paths of the Georgian Landscape Garden, admire the views from the Victorian Terrace and see the stunning Edwardian Formal Garden, one of the finest examples of Gertrude Jekyll and Edwin Lutyens’ famous partnership.
Head to the house to find Hestercombe Gallery and be intrigued and inspired by changing exhibitions of contemporary art throughout the year.
The Stables Café serves delicious home-cooked lunches and is famous for its Sunday roasts. It’s also the perfect stop-off for a cup of tea and slice of cake. Or, if you’re looking for something special, visit the elegant Column Room Restaurant in Hestercombe House where you can enjoy waiter service and a delicious three course lunch or afternoon tea with a view!
The Gardens Shop & Plant Centre offers gardening essentials, gifts and blooms. The Second-hand Book Shop in Hestercombe House is a book lover’s paradise.
Information on Hestercombe Gardens - Gardens near Taunton, Somerset
- Address - Hestercombe, Cheddon Fitzpaine, Taunton, Somerset, TA2 8LG
- Telephone - 01823 413923
- Email - Click here to email
- Website - Click to visit Hestercombe Gardens website
- Open all year except Christmas Day
- Last admission 5.00pm, closes 6.00pm
- Approx length of visit: 2 to 6 hours
- Min group size: 10
- Max group size: 100
- Special group rates - For 20 or more people - please contact us for details
- Family fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
- Groups accepted - Only accepted on a pre-booked basis.
- Educational visits accepted - please contact us for details.
- Guided tours available for groups - please contact us for details.
- Event venue - Venue hire possible – please contact us for details and prices.
- Gift Shop
- Guide dogs permitted
- Parking areas for disabled visitors and wheelchairs available
- Ramp / level access - Access for guests with mobility difficulties
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- On-Site café / restaurant - Lunches, cream teas
- Picnic Site
- Facilities for children - Outdoor play area, holiday activities, baby changing area
Parking & transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - Free for coaches and cars
- Road directions - Nearest major road is M5. Four miles north of Taunton signposted from all main roads with the tourist information daisy symbol
- Public transport directions - Bookable Slinky Bus only Disability Access: Yes - Visitor Centre and marked garden route
- Stay at Hotels in Taunton near Hestercombe Gardens, Taunton